Monday, December 23, 2013

KSK Briyani Restaurant in Yangon

Briyani is widely eaten and very popular in Myanmar although it was introduced here when Indian immigrants arrived here during the British rule. 

They are a few very popular and KSK is one of them. They have a few outlets in Yangon, each run by a son of the founder. When I used to spend time in Yangon many years ago, I normally frequented another old restaurant and so I was quite excited to try this as it was highly recommended.

Apparently Malaysian dignitories who come here are oftern served from this restaurant as it is halal. I was not dissapointed. The food is really good. My Burmese friend had 3 plates of rice...wow.

Side of the restaurant

Restaurant signage

View of the restaurant

View of the curries

An almost empty pot, another coming soon


Really good!!!

Yummy!!! 

Innards curry...really good


Chicken curry


Pickles, chillis and salt to add to your dishes as required

View of counter

Side of the restaurant

Take away counter



Cooking the old way

Surrounding view

View of the lane with additional seating place

Nearby mosque
If you like briyani, make sure you visit this place during your trip to Yangon. I do not have the address but I am sure most locals will know this place as briyani is very popular with all the races in Myanmar.

Until the next time, cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment